Thursday, October 2, 2008

The end of Strike '08

Where were you when you found out a tentative agreement was reached?  I was at home, recovering from a day full of brainstorming issues that will arise during what I call the strike "Aftermath".  

I was so relieved I didn't know exactly what to do, made the necessary phone calls of course and decided to write this blog entry in the excitement.  It feels so satisfying to know that students will be in class on Monday (once the agreement is ratified by the WUFA membership and approved by bog).  I can't wait to go back to normal work hours!

Tomorrow is filled with meetings with Deans and the works to be sure that students' rights are not trampled over when we return to class.  It has become quite clear to me that everyone won't be happy with how the remainder of the year will play out.  Some people want to see the "UWIN"  week used to make up lost class, others are angry at the prospect of losing the week because they have planned vacations.  

Here's hoping for a remarkably smooth transition back to class...

No comments: